Hand-built dutch bikes from Amsterdam.
Bear Bicycles represent an era when bicycles were made to last by using only the finest components from leading manufacturers including Brooks and Shimano gears. Bear Bike are so proud of traditional craft that each bear bike is still hand built today in the Netherlands. The classic Dutch Bear Bicycles are sturdy, comfortable, low maintenance, practical, pragmatic and packed with style. Bear Bicycles are loved by those that admire design and recognise remarkable quality.
Why bear bicycles
Here are some reasons why we are so confident about the quality of our Dutch bicycles and delivery bicycles:
- Bear’s Dutch bicycles have a rock solid three layer powder coating, applied to a zinc base layer
- The tubes and mudguards on our Dutch bicycles also a zinc foundation been beneath the layer of lacquer – even in the hollow spots. This virtually rules out all chance for rust
- Our bicycles frames have oversized tubes – this makes the bike significantly stronger (but hardly heavier). More important: it gives the most stable ride there is. Finally, our frames also have a smart geometry, making your ride comfortable and effortless
- Spokes are made of stainless steel, and fit seamlessly into the spoke naves in the rims – reducing spokes breaking by 80%. Our spokes are also extra strong: with a minimal size of 2.35 mm (spoke size 13)
- All cables (e.g. on handbrakes or gears) are made of stainless steel and are coated in Teflon, to ensure long, carefree, supple use
- All our components are of the highest quality. Whenever possible, we use stainless steel
- Bear’s Dutch bicycles have extra sturdy rims
- Bear’s Dutch bicycles have anti puncture tyres
- All welded parts of bear’s Dutch bicycles have been given second treatment with copper alloy. This enhances the strength of the connections, and greatly reduces rust
- Bear’s Dutch bikes are handmade in Holland: Dutch craftsmen take great care for the assembly of each one of our bikes
- All bike components have been thoroughly tested for wear, breakage and corrosion. We only use the best components, which meet our strict quality criteria.
- Check out bear-bicycles.com for more information.