[et_pb_section admin_label="Section" fullwidth="on" specialty="off"][et_pb_fullwidth_image admin_label="Fullwidth Image" src="http://greenaer.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/IMG_0178.jpg" show_in_lightbox="off" url_new_window="off" use_overlay="off" animation="left" use_border_color="off" border_color="#ffffff" border_style="solid"] [/et_pb_fullwidth_image][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section…
3rd edition of
Following previous successful editions, we would like to go further this year by improving the event and gathering more cargo bikes and participants!
The Cargo Bike Championship is free and open to everyone! It is a family event during which races and different games will be held, the objective is to demonstrate how fun and useful cargo bikes can be!
Participants must register as a team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org. Teams will be scoring points in each race. The teams with the highest scores will be rewarded with different prizes at the end of the day!
However, we are talking about serious fun nothing too competitive either! This event represents the perfect opportunity to celebrate the beginning of the summer, realise how wonderful cargo bikes are and enjoy the stunning surroundings of the Phoenix Park.
We have already started to register a number of teams, we are now waiting for you to join us and participate at the most exciting event during Bike Week!
If you don’t own a cargo bike and you are interested in participating to the event, please contact us and we’ll lend you one on the day! (limited availability)
The event consists of 5 different races:
– Egg & spoon: Participants have to slalom with an egg placed on a spoon on their hand and are timed.
– Sprint & load: 200 meters timed speed race, during which the cargo box has to be loaded and offloaded (using quirky/ heavy items).
– Flag slalom: At least one child sitting in the cargo box, who has to pick up flags by slaloming on each side of the track .
– Ringsteken: 6 wooden frames are set up with rings of different size hanging, and the rider has a lance/spear to collect as many rings as possible.
– Relay race: start empty for the first leg, collect a child in the second, and cycle a third one with shopping items. All of that timed.
Time table of the event:
12.45 Final registration and score card collection
Official event opening
1st race: Egg & spoon around traffic cones
2nd race: Sprint
3rd race: Flag pick up
4th race: Ringsteken
5th race: Relay race
4:30pm Winner announcement and award ceremony
Different stalls will be there to offer you a range of food and refreshments as well as bike related products and services.
Check our highlights video from the 2013 edition of the Irish Cargo Bike Championships!
Register your Team now!
email@example.com – (01) 674 7849